Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Just like that!

I was sitting in my hotel room last week doing my devotions when I heard a series of guns shots ring out. It must have been 8 shots or so. By the time I got up to look outside, one person was dead, one wounded. Just like that! A life ended in a matter of seconds and he was gone.

Did he know Jesus? Was he married? Any children? I was there to preach. I was there to preach the gospel of life and this person was dead.

The locals tell me it was a gang hit but no matter what, a life was gone. It showed me again how we have no idea what a day holds. I am sure this person did not know he would die that day. And we have no idea what a day will bring us.

I know this – the Bible says "this is the day the Lord has made and I will rejoice and be glad in it!" We must live every day like this.

In light of eternity, how are we living each day? My prayer is that we live it to the fullest and full out for him.

Yours for revival,

Pastor Francis Armstrong

No comments:

Post a Comment