Tuesday, May 31, 2016

I Am

John 18:4-6
4 Jesus therefore, knowing all things that would come upon Him, went forward and said to them, “Whom are you seeking?”

5 They answered Him, “Jesus of Nazareth.”
Jesus said to them, “I am He.” And Judas, who betrayed Him, also stood with them.

6 Now when He said to them, “I am He,” they drew back and fell to the ground.

Just as the Romans and the temple police were about to arrest him a SUPERNATURAL power was suddenly released that was so strong it knocked an entire band of 300 to 600 soldiers backward and down to the ground.

It was if an invisible bomb went off.  After Judas’ kiss, Jesus stepped forward and said “Whom are you seeking?”

Look at Vs. 5.

Jesus said “I AM HE” or translated “I AM”.
Jesus had said this before.

The Bible Dictionary says, “The name signifies the active presence of the person in the fullness of the revealed character.”

Tell him the One who has always been is sending you.

In other words, tell your enemy “you’re about to see all of who God is.”

John 8:58
Jesus said to them, "Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM."

John 13:19
Now I tell you before it comes, that when it does come to pass, you may believe that I am He.

These soldiers in John 18:5 wanted to know “Who are you?” expecting to hear him answer, “Jesus of Nazareth.”

But instead he said “I AM” and they fell down.
In the Greek when it says “they fell to the ground” it means they staggered and stumbled backward.

It pictures like a person hit so hard, it appeared that they fell dead.

Think of it, 300 to 600 soldiers and temple police with weapons and torches and Jesus says “I AM” and a great blast of God’s power was unleashed so strong it caused them to stumble and stagger and wobble and then hit the ground hard.

What a shock, with all their weapons … JUST A WORD KNOCKED THEM DOWN.

Could Jesus be taken by force?  NO WAY.
He went by choice.  The Jesus we serve is so powerful.

No force is strong enough to resist his power.  No sickness, financial problem, political force, NOTHING has enough power to resist the supernatural power of Jesus.

When the great “I AM” opens his mouth and speaks, every power that attempts to defy him on his Word is pushed backward and shaken until it staggers, stumbles and falls to the ground.  I wonder what the soldiers said after that.

What do you need TODAY?  Get your mouth into agreement with his Word and you too will see I AM unleash his power against the forces coming against you.

Yours for revival,
Pastor Francis Armstrong

No comments:

Post a Comment